Sunday, September 4, 2005

RVW Convention

The annual RVing Women convention of the past six days was fun and educational. Almost 400 women arrived from all over the US to participate. I ran into friends I hadn't seen in years and met new women who shared their travel stories or wanted to hear about my experiences as a fulltimer.

*** Rosemary and Julie at the banquet ***

Care was here from Washington and taught line dancing one night; we had a large turn-out and great fun! Judy Lunn was the featured entertainer on concert night and treated us to a nostalgic evening singing John Denver songs. There were long lines of women waiting to buy her CD at intermission and after the show. http://www.judylunn.com

The talent show put on by individual members and regional chapters provided many laughs and an opportunity to sing along or get up and polka.


*** Marie from the FreeWheelers Chapter ***

My favorite seminars were the two classes on digital photography and editing. Judy recommended using the Adobe Photoshop Elements software for editing and she has written an easy-to-understand manual that compliments it and was provided at the class. I was amazed when Judy demonstrated what can be accomplished with the editing software, so I ordered AP Elements 2.0 on eBay. Now all I have to do is take the time to apply what I learned :-)

I love this organization.
The support, education and camaraderie kept my dream alive for years before I finally bought my rig and started traveling.
http://www.rvingwomen.org