Monday, August 29, 2005

The Road to Gillette

The day began with making a fruit smoothie in my blender and drinking it with a handful of vitamins. Thus fortified, I continued my journey by driving SE on 296, the Chief Joseph Highway, stopping occasionally to take photos of the magnificent landscape.




I couldn't pass Cody, Wyoming without stopping at the Sierra Trading Post outlet store. Two hours later I walked out with a new jacket, shirt, and fanny pack. I headed out of Cody on 120, then cut over to Worland to take Hwy 16 to Buffalo. The drive through the Bighorn Mountains and over the Powder River Pass at 9600 feet was a feast of beauty. I plan to return sometime to explore the area and do some hiking.


It was dark when I reached the convention facility in Gillette and I didn't know which area RVW was assigned to for camping, so I just pulled into an empty parking lot and went to bed.