Friday, October 21, 2005

Toni's Baja Birthday

Today is Toni's 67th birthday so we went to Ray's to celebrate. We walked down the beach 1/2 mile to the restaurant and sat outside the palapa bar to enjoy a delicious dinner. Ray is originally from Cuba and, after visiting this bit of paradise, he moved here and opened a restaurant. He grows the organic vegetables that are served with dinner.
The food is fabulous! I ordered calamari steak and it was perfectly prepared. My mouth is watering as I write this - no kidding.


*** Toni, Kai, Nony and Donna at Ray's ***


When we returned to camp, we surprised Toni with the birthday cake that we had secretly picked up in town this morning. Kai had made her a mobile from shells she had collected on the beach. I gave Toni a bar of dark chocolate that I had been hoarding, since I knew that she is a (dark)chocoholic like me.