Friday, September 30, 2005

San Diego Rendezvous

This morning I went to the Baja Travel Club office to get my tourist permit, a AAA road map of Baja, a La Mundial phone card in case we need to use a pay phone, and Mexican auto insurance (at a substantial discount since I'm a BTC member). After going to the bank to get cash for future peso exchange, I went to Mission Bay Park at the end of Clairemont Blvd. near BTC. It was a gorgeous day and I enjoyed walking the trails along the water and watching people fly kites. I spent the rest of the day studying the Baja books and map and organizing my 'stuff'.

After cooking up an early dinner, I received a cell phone call from Donna saying they had arrived in San Diego and would meet me at Wal-Mart, our stealth campground for the night. There will be 4 of us in 3 van campers spending a month together in Baja. Donna, Toni, and Kai left yesterday from Arizona and boondocked last night in Quartzite.