Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Heat Wave

I started to leave California last week, but the temperature was in the 100's and I just didn't feel like driving through the Nevada desert during this heat wave. Instead, I stopped at the Ponderosa TTN c.g. in the foothills of the Sierras near Placerville and found a nice spot right on the South Fork of the American River. I love the sound of the rapids and it was a bit cooler by the river. Pretty much I just rolled out my awning and sat in the shade reading for a few days - too hot for anything else.

The heat continued, so I drove higher up the mountain on I-80 and stayed at Snowflower TTN c.g. for another couple days until the temps started dropping and I felt like crossing the desert. I know I could have just turned the AC on and driven across the state, but I really prefer driving with the windows down so I can smell the sage and breathe real air.

Today I stopped at Trader Joe's and Wild Oats Natural Foods in Reno, NV to stock up on food for the next couple of weeks.